Though a popular item of Venezuelan and Columbian cuisine, you can make this delicious dish right in your own kitchen. It’s got all the flavors you crave: sweet, spicy, and savory. Try it out!
- Begin by turning the oven on to 350°
- In a small saucepan pour in the black beans and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat
- Stir in apricot preserves and chili paste to the saucepan and set aside
- In a medium bowl, add vegetables, olive oil, chipotle chillies, soy sauce, sugar, oregano, garlic powder, and salt
- Pour the contents of the medium bowl onto aluminum foil on a baking sheet pan and spread evenly, placing into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Spray olive oil (or other non-stick spray) to the griddle and set to 400°
- Using a blender, add avocados, parsley, cilantro, green bell pepper, garlic, white pepper, lime, lemon, and salt
- In a large bowl, add Shawnee Mills Buttermilk Pancakes & Waffle Mix, masa, and ¼ C of corn
- Pour the remaining amount of corn into blender with 2 T of water and add to the large bowl along with milk, baking powder, and tumeric
- Mix contents of large bowl well and pour 1 to 1-½ C of the mix onto the griddle for 5-6 minutes on each side
- Making sure your pancake is ½ inch thick, place on a plate topping it first with beans, then vegetables, and then the Guasacaca sauce
Cool and enjoy
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 45-50 minutes
Recipe is courtesy of Chef Amari.