Chock-full of chicken, peas, carrots, and down home goodness, this family favorite makes a large 9-inch golden brown pie that’s as much tasty as it is budget friendly and easy to make.
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Filling: In a saucepan, melt butter, sauté garlic just until soft, add flour and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add liquid to flour/butter mixture, continue stirring until thickened.
- Gently fold in Chicken and vegetables and thyme until just mixed, set aside.
- Crust: Sift flour and celery seed in a bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter cut in cream cheese, butter and water until crumbly. Work mixture by hand until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1/2 of the dough into 12″ circle, gently lay in bottom of pie pan.
- Transfer filling into prepare bottom crust.
- Roll remaining dough; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Recipe courtesy of the Home Baking Association.