Whether you’re in the mood for a quick and satisfying snack or a delicious and convenient meal, this savory taquitos recipe from Shawnee Mills is the perfect choice. Made with Shawnee Best Yellow Cornmeal and Shawnee Best All Purpose Flour it will surely satisfy your hunger and delight your taste buds. A fiesta in each bite!
- Start by making the tortillas, following the directions in the Jackfruit Birria Taco recipe. Once done, set the tortillas aside
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, lime, chipotle peppers, tomato, garlic, and adobo seasoning. Pulse until it blends into a sauce consistency (like a loose salsa).
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high, and add olive oil and diced onion, cooking until translucent (3-5 minutes)
- Once onions have softened, add in ground beef (or vegetarian beef crumbles) and cook for 5 minutes
- Turn off the heat, and stir in Monterey jack and sharp cheddar cheese until slightly melted onto the meat and onions
- Stir blended vegetables into skillet with the beef, onions, and cheese to create your taquito filling
- Heat vegetable oil in a fryer or large pot to 350°F
- Using about ¼ C of filling for each tortilla, roll and place two toothpicks on both ends of the taquitos to hold closed
- Place two taquitos at a time, seam down, cooking into vegetable oil for 3 minutes or until golden
- Set aside each taquito on a paper towel to drain excess oil
Cool and Enjoy
Recipe compliments of Chef Amari