Fried okra is a classic country favorite, and easy to make. This recipe uses Shawnee Mills Yellow Corn Meal, which gives it a light, golden crispiness. Many of us Okies will either dip it in Ranch dressing or Shawnee Mills Brown Gravy. Hello, country goodness!
- Slice okra ½ inch thick and let soak in ½ C of milk for 5 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small pot.
- In a medium bowl, coat okra in Shawnee Mills Yellow Corn Meal.
- Carefully drop coated okra into heated vegetable oil.
- Fry all sides for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove okra from oil and place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Let cool for 5-7 minutes.