This creamy rice dish absorbs the flavors of the broth, which in this recipe consists of Shawnee Mills Brown Gravy. It’s a tasty side dish that compliments fried chicken and a side salad!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan on high heat, add 2 C chicken stock and whisk in 2 T Shawnee Mills Brown Gravy.
- Once heated reduce heat to low and add 3 sprigs of thyme, 2 bay leaves, porcini mushrooms and set aside.
- Heat dutch oven to medium on stovetop, adding 1 T olive oil, 1 chopped shallot, and 3 finely chopped cloves of garlic. Sautée until soft.
- Once contents of the dutch oven have softened, stir in 2 C arborio rice until lightly brown.
- On stovetop, heat a nonstick medium-sized pan to low/medium.
- Next, rinse off baby bella mushrooms and put them straight onto the heated pan along with ½ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp sea salt, and ½ tsp white pepper. Stir together and heat for 7 to 8 minutes
- Once the mushrooms have softened, pour them into the dutch oven.
- Transfer the chicken stock from the sauce pan and add to the dutch oven, then stir.
- Cover the dutch oven and place on the lower rack for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Once the rice is fully cooked remove it from the oven and fold in ½ C parmesan and ½ C romano cheese.
Cool and Enjoy
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes