Flaky golden potato wedges are full of flavor and make a wonderful appetizer or side dish. Pairs well with Kinyon’s Elite Sauce. This is made in Oklahoma country goodness!
- Pour vegetable oil into the fryer and set the temperature to 400°
- Begin by washing the potatoes and slicing lengthwise into halves, quarters, and then into eighths
- Bring water and 3 T of salt to a boil
- Add sliced potatoes and cook for 6-7 minutes and strain
- In a large bowl, whisk Shawnee Best All-Purpose Flour and 1 ½ C water
- In a small bowl, add Accent seasoning, white pepper, sage, smoked paprika, red pepper, cumin, garlic powder, cloves, oregano, turmeric, poultry seasoning, 2 tsp salt, and onion powder
- Combine and mix small bowl ingredients into the large bowl ingredients
- Dip each slice of potato wedge into the large bowl
- Set the coated potato wedge on a sheet pan with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30-50 minutes
- Take out of the freezer and drop into the fryer for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove wedges from fryer and pat dry to remove oil
Cool and enjoy
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Recipe is courtesy of Chef Amari.