If Fall and Winter holidays were a dish, it would be this Country Cornbread Dressing. Add a bit of nostalgia and cook it in a cast iron skillet!
- Follow Shawnee Mills Yellow Buttermilk Cornbread Mix directions on package, then set aside to cool
- Set oven to 350°
- Dice the bulb of fennel (discard the rest), celery, onion, and garlic
- In a large skillet, saute diced vegetables in olive oil over medium high heat for 4-6 minutes or until softened
- Add sage, rosemary, salt and thyme to the large skillet and continue cooking for 5 minutes, then remove sprigs of thyme
- Remove cornbread from pan and chop into ½ inch cubes
- In a large bowl, add cornbread, vegetables from the large skillet, white pepper, garlic powder, red pepper, cranberries, Italian breadcrumbs, and stir until evenly combined
- In a small bowl, add cornstarch to vegetable stock, then whisk together and pour into the large bowl and mix
- Pour mixture into cast iron skillet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes
- Cool and cut into even slices
- Follow Shawnee Mills brown gravy mix and add to the top of sliced cornbread dressing optional
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Recipe is courtesy of Chef Amari.