This Fried Green Tomatoes recipe is a classic one for southern down home country taste. The crispy breading adds a savory crunch in each bite. Pair it with remoulade sauce or ranch dipping sauce.
- After washing green tomatoes use a sharp knife to cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Place a paper towel on a baking sheet pan (or countertop), then spread out slices of green tomatoes.
- Sprinkle sea salt on both sides of the green tomato, then add a top layer of paper towels.
- Let the green tomatoes rest for 30-40 minutes to absorb the excess water
- In first medium-sized bowl, combine 1C Shawnee Best All-Purpose Flour, ½ tsp smoked paprika, and ½ tsp garlic powder .
- Use a second medium-sized bowl to whisk heavy cream, eggs, ¼ tsp iodized salt, and ¼ tsp white pepper.
- Take a large plate and mix 1 C Shawnee Best Yellow Cornmeal and ¾ tsp panko.
- Begin to press green tomatoes in the first medium bowl and coat fully.
- Next, carefully drop into egg mixture from the second medium-sized bowl.
- Lastly, press firmly onto panko and cornmeal mixture.
- Heat 3 C vegetable oil to 350° in a frying pan
- Place 4-5 green tomatoes in at one time, taking care to not overlap the tomatoes
- Fry each side for 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat until all green tomatoes are golden to perfection.
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes