- In a large bowl, spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Begin by warming up 1C of whole milk for 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 packet of active dry yeast to the milk, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir Shawnee Mills All Purpose Flour and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, melted butter, 1/4C sugar, and ½ tsp vanilla.
- Pour yeast mixture into large bowl and whisk.
- Take contents of medium bowl (Shawnee Mills All Purpose Flour and salt) and stir into the large bowl of wet ingredients (eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla) until dough forms.
- Spray counter with nonstick cooking spray and empty dough from large bowl onto counter.
- Knead dough for 7-8 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place into separate large bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Let it rise for an hour.
- While waiting for dough to rise, prepare fryer by adding vegetable oil and setting to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough and use donut cutter, biscuit cutter, or glass cup to cut donuts. The diameter should be 4” wide and ½ “ thick. Use smaller cookie-cutter to remove middle of donut (the hole). Tip: Save the middle of donuts cut out for donut holes that you can fry separately.
- Add donuts to the fryer, cooking a few at a time, based on the size of your fryer.
- Fry each side for 20 seconds or until golden brown, remove donuts, then set on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, stir ½ tsp vanilla, powdered sugar, and water to create icing.
- Once donuts have cooled dip each side into the icing in the bowl, and place on parchment paper.