There are grits. Then, there are GRITS! This southern breakfast delicacy is brought to life through crispy, savory bacon that mixes perfect with the rich, creaminess of the grits. This recipe calls for 1 cup of bacon, but is there really such thing as too much bacon?
- In a large saucepan, pour whole milk, water, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and slowly add Shawnee Mills Yellow Corn Meal and stir frequently.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes stirring frequently.
- Microwave or skillet-cook bacon to desired crispiness, then crumble into bits.
- Turn off heat and top grits with butter, bacon, cheddar cheese, and jalapeño slices.