- In a small pot, follow the directions of the Shawnee Mills Country Gravy Mix to prepare gravy.
- Chop onion, celery, and jalapeño. Remove seeds from jalepeño, if you want to tone down the spiciness.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and combine onion, celery, and jalapeño over medium heat.
- Stir and cook until softened and browned.
- With pot still on medium heat, add in 2% milk and flour, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of thawed corn to the saucepan.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the remaining 3 cups of corn until no kernels are found, and pour into saucepan.
- Add finished gravy to saucepan, and stir on low heat.
- Lastly, season chowder by stirring in thyme, red pepper, and salt.
- Remove from heat and cool for 7-10 minutes.
Tip: Set frozen corn aside to thaw while beginning the first steps of chowder. If still frozen you can microwave to speed up the process.