Shawnee Mills Country Gravy Mix is the secret ingredient to this creamy, spicy corn chowder. It’s the perfect comfort food on cold days, and pairs well with Shawnee Mills Mexican Cornbread.
- In a small pot, follow the directions of the Shawnee Mills Country Gravy Mix to prepare gravy.
- Chop onion, celery, and jalapeño. Remove seeds from jalepeño, if you want to tone down the spiciness.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and combine onion, celery, and jalapeño over medium heat.
- Stir and cook until softened and browned.
- With pot still on medium heat, add in 2% milk and flour, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of thawed corn to the saucepan.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the remaining 3 cups of corn until no kernels are found, and pour into saucepan.
- Add finished gravy to saucepan, and stir on low heat.
- Lastly, season chowder by stirring in thyme, red pepper, and salt.
- Remove from heat and cool for 7-10 minutes.
Tip: Set frozen corn aside to thaw while beginning the first steps of chowder. If still frozen you can microwave to speed up the process.