- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place pie crust in pan on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Add syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla; blend well.
- Stir in the chopped pecans, and pour mixture into pie crust. If desired, arrange additional pecan halves in a decorative fashion over pie filling.
- Place a foil sleeve over edges of pie crust to prevent over browning during baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F, then lower oven temperature to 325°F and bake for an additional 20 minutes with the foil sleeve in place.
- Carefully remove the foil sleeve and continue baking at 325°F for another 20 minutes or until pie is set.
- Allow pie to cool completely at room temperature, and then store in refrigerator.