Blueberry marble on the outside, gentle sweetness on the inside, enjoy this take on blueberry cobbler! It’s not too sweet and has just the right balance of breading and filling. Eat up!
- In a large saucepan, add blueberries, lemon zest, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, sugar, and cornstarch and mix
- Keep heat on low for 25 minutes or until blueberries thicken
- In a small bowl, whisk ½ C Shawnee Best All-Purpose Flour, ¼ C Shawnee Best White Cornmeal, ½ C confectioners sugar, slivered almonds, 2 tsp baking powder, and ¼ tsp baking soda
- Next, add 1 C buttermilk to the small bowl and combine
- Press continents of small bowl into 9 x 13 pan
- Once blueberries have thickened, add to 9 x 13 pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 C Shawnee Best All-Purpose Flour, ½ C Shawnee Best White Cornmeal, 1 C confectioners sugar, 3 tsp baking powder, cornstarch, and ½ tsp baking soda
- Add 2 C buttermilk to the medium bowl and combine
- Spread continents of medium bowl carefully over 9 x 13 pan, and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Once crust is firm, remove from oven and brush maple syrup over cobbler
Cool and Enjoy
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Recipe is courtesy of Chef Amari.