Try your luck at baking these festive treats!
Homemade Shawnee Mills Cake Mix:
- Mix flour, sugar, powdered milk, baking powder and baking soda until well combined
- Store in tightly sealed container
Luck of the Irish Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in muffin tin.
- Beat the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and egg whites together on low speed for 30 seconds, and then on medium for 2 minutes, until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 1/3 full with white batter; set aside.
- Separate remaining batter into two separate bowels. Stir four drops of dark green food coloring into one bowl, and four drops of light green food coloring into the other.
- Pour each color into a separate plastic bag.
- Using the dark green color first, cut off the corner of the bag and stick the open tip in the center of each cup of white batter and squeeze in about two tablespoons.
- Cut the corner off the bag with the light green batter, stick the open tip into the center of the dark green batter and squeeze about 1 tablespoon into each cup.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.