You don’t have to go to the state fair to experience fried pickles! These little spears are crispy on the outside, crunch when you bite down, and have a balanced blend of savory and sour. Perfect for an appetizer or side dish.
- Drain kosher dill pickle spears and slice lengthwise in half.
- Place all sliced pickles on paper towels to absorb some of the brine the pickles were soaked in.
- While pickles are drying, prepare three bowls for the dredging station.
- In the first bowl, add 1C flour, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, ½ tsp garlic, ½ tsp onion powder, and ⅛ tsp salt
- In the second bowl, add the 2 eggs, 1T heavy cream, ⅛ tsp salt
- In the third bowl, add ½ C cornmeal, ½ C panko breadcrumbs, and ⅛ tsp salt
- In a medium pot or fryer, pour in 48 fl oz vegetable oil on low heat
- Return to pickles, and pat dry. Begin to eventy coat the pickles in the first and second bowls.
- In the third bowl, coat the pickles and pinch the dry mixture onto the pickles
- Once all the pickles are coated, set aside. Bring the heated pot to medium heat and begin to drop the pickles in for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pickles out of the hot oil and place on a paper towel
- Move pickles to your desired plate and top with Italian parsley, shredded parmesan, and ⅛ tsp salt
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, dried shredded parmesan, Red Hot buffalo sauce, Sriracha hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Recipe is courtesy of Chef Amari.