Soft and chewy chocolate cookies loaded with the crunch of toasted hazelnuts.
- Pre-heat 350* Line two baking sheets with parchment, set aside.
- Whisk together in medium bowl flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add vanilla, quickly incorporate.
- Add prepped flour mixture to butter mixture in the stand mixer and mix on low until combined.
- With wooden spoon or spatula, fold in the chopped hazelnuts until combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepare parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are firm and cracked on top, about 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks. Tip: Cookies may be too soft to move, wait until they cool enough to keep shape before moving..
- After transferring to cooling rack, allow cookies to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of the Home Baking Association.