This Calabaza soup is a wonderful comfort food during the Fall and Winter months. You can eat it as as soup or put it in a bread bowl to make a dip out of it. Also, try substituting Pumpkin for Calabaza.
- Start by chopping the calabaza into 2 inch pieces and remove the skin and seeds (only using 1300 grams of the gord)
- Next, roughly chop onion, garlic, and celery
- Heat the onion, garlic, and celery in a large pot with butter and Shawnee Best All-Purpose Flour until vegetables soften (4 minutes)
- Carefully add in the calabaza pieces to the pot
- Add in poultry seasoning, dried sage, dried rosemary, and onion powder
- After 5 minutes have passed pour in vegetable stock and simmer for 15 minutes or until the calabaza has softened.
- Remove the pot from heat and add in the roughly chopped carrots, stir, and cover for 10 minutes
- Transfer contents from pot into food processor and add salt, black pepper, and nutmeg
- Blend in food processor for 7-8 minutes or until smooth
- Return to large pot and serve