This pumpkin bread recipe puts a zesty twist on an Autumn holiday favorite. It’s both festive and traditional, and now with a bite of citrus. An absolutely delicious, moist companion for a season where leaves fall and fireplaces start to awaken.
Preheat oven to 350
- Spray nonstick cooking spray in 8 x 4 in pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir in Shawnee Mills All Purpose Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, molasses, melted butter, water, and 1 tsp orange zest.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, be sure not to over mix or the loaf will be chewy.
- Pour mixture into a non-stick loaf pan and bake for one hour. If using bread pans that are not non-stick, spray with nonstick cooking spray before adding mixture.
- To check if pumpkin bread is done, stick a toothpick into the loaf. If the toothpick comes out of the loaf clean, then it is ready. Place on a cooling rack to cool.
- To create the icing: In a medium bowl whisk orange juice, 1tsp orange zest, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Once loaf is cooled, drizzle icing over loaf and slice when ready to eat.