A fluffy vanilla cake with streaks of cherry jello, topped with whipped white chocolate cream topping. Refreshing and perfect for celebrating the summer!
- Preheat your oven to 350*, grease, and flour a 9″ x 13″ baking pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together dry ingredients, set aside
- In a second bowl mix together buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. The mixture should be smooth and thick.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 28 – 32 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Test cake by inserting a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes while you prepare jello. in a medium mixing bowl, stir together jello powder and boiling water. Stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add cold water and stir.
- Poke holes in the cake using a wooden skewer. Evenly pour jello over the entire cake. Refrigerate for three hours.
- Whipped White Chocolate Cream Topping:
- While the cake is chilling, place a large mixing bowl in the freezer for whipped topping. (Stainless steel is best)
- Pour whipping cream into chilled bowl,
- Using a hand mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar, coconut, or vanilla extract. and continue to mix on high just short of stiff peaks.
- Add the White Chocolate Pudding mix. Lower to a slow speed and continue to mix the whipping cream and the pudding. Watch carefully at this point, it will come together quickly. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Check to make sure the pudding hasn’t clumped on the bottom.
- If it gets too thick add a teaspoon of milk at a time until spreading consistency.
- Frost chilled cake, return to refrigerator for a minimum of one hour, Serve with cherries or dollops of cherry pie filling.
Recipe compliments of the Home Baking Association.