This fantastic classic recipe is a tasty way to make use of those uneaten bananas on the counter. Enjoy as a breakfast, snack or dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and flour 2 8×4 loaf pans or one 9×5. Chop nuts and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well blended and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, mash the bananas. Add to them the next 5 ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients on top of the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Add the walnuts or chocolate chips and stir until blended.
- Divide evenly between the two loaf pans or all the batter in the 9×5 pan; then smooth the top of the batter. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.