Serve this spiced bread warm with butter and honey for breakfast or dessert.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 (8-by-4-inch) loaf pans with nonstick spray.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes. Bring a large pot of water to boil,
and cook sweet potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Mash them and reserve.
3. Add sweet potatoes, melted butter, buttermilk, apple spread,
sugars, eggs and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
4. in a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice,
cloves and salt. Pour the egg mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
Gently fold the batter until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Pour batter into pans. Bake 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick
inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in pans for 10 minutes
before removing to a wire rack. Spread with butter.