- Preheat oven to 450°F and grease two (2) cast iron skillets.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix with dry hands.
- Using two knives or a large fork, work in the butter and molasses until the mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Use your fist to make a bowl shape in the middle of the flour mixture and add buttermilk. Mix with a large fork until dough begins to stick together, then knead into a soft ball with your hands using flour on your hands to prevent sticking.
- Pinch dough into 1 ½-inch balls and flatten into circles ½ inch thick. This should make about 15 biscuits.
- Place the biscuits (not touching) into two warm, greased cast iron skillets and bake about 8 – 10 minutes.
- When biscuits are lightly browned on top, remove from oven and pour syrup over biscuits, then sprinkle on chopped pecans.
- Place back in the oven under the broiler for about a minute to caramelize the syrup and pecans. Serve warm.