- Bake homestead cornbread as directed; crumble when cool in a 2-quart bowl.
- Lightly brown 1 cup chopped onions, 1 cup chopped celery in 1/3 cup margarine or butter.
- Add 2 beaten eggs, 1 teaspoon of sage, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning to the crumbled cornbread plus the lightly browned onions and celery.
- Add 3 cups of chicken or turkey stock or canned broth.
- Stir and pour into a well-greased pan (11x7x2 inch square).
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or browned to your liking.